Technical Lead Java (m/f/d) – Spring Boot, K8s, Azure, Kafka
We are looking for a very experienced Technical Lead Java (m/f/d) either at the Munich location or Germany-wide (remote) for a successful trading company with over 1500 employees. Approximately 120 employees work in the area of software development. The web platform is currently being developed by a total of 10 agile development teams (5-8 employees each). For one of these teams we are looking for a Technical Lead who will lead the team technically, motivate the team, decide on the technical specifications and implement them together with the team.
As Technical Lead, you are responsible for the technical design and implementation of the complex and highly scalable web platform in your team. The task is particularly exciting because the old application – a large monolith – is to be converted into numerous microservices and migrated to the cloud within the next few years. In doing so, you make sure that the technical concepts are always in line with the overall enterprise architecture. You work actively with the other development teams and plan the technical direction of the platform together with the other technical leads and the development manager. You manage the processes in your team, motivate your colleagues and develop them according to their individual strengths. You will work according to agile methods (14-day sprints), apply clean code principles and coach each other (pair programming). In your role, this will give you the opportunity to contribute all your know-how and ideas, to share your knowledge and to find and implement suitable solutions together with your team. Since the development department will grow strongly in the medium term, there are also numerous personal development paths. The company and the CTO attach great importance to the personal and technical development of employees and the transfer of technology between them. In addition to training and education courses, there is therefore a TechDay once a month, where all developers can exchange ideas and information with each other, attend workshops and can participate in lectures by renowned experts. Furthermore there are company-wide technical hubs in which the best developers from the respective areas (backend, cloud, frontend) pool their knowledge and work together to promote technology innovations in the company.
This is what you get:
- A large and highly professional development department with excellent specialists
- A modern office and very good equipment (incl. free choice of device)
- Flexible work hours, home office, regular employee events, and 30 days of vacation.
- Numerous training courses and further education, as well as a TechDay once a month for the knowledge transfer
- Every tech employee gets a Udemy account (incl. learning time per month)
- An attractive fixed salary and numerous additional benefits and perks (fitness membership, bAV, massages etc.)
- A casual and dynamic work setting, as well as many exciting development opportunities (big growth)
- All employees up to the management are always open to suggestions – you can actively contribute your ideas at any time
What you bring along:
- Expert knowledge in fullstack development with Java and web technologies
- In-depth knowledge of cloud architectures (Azure/AWS/GCP) and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A very high quality awareness (clean code, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring)
- A strong hands-on mentality and willingness to take on technical responsibility
- Fluency in English (German is optional)
Please send us your application documents. We will contact you immediately so that we can talk in detail about the position and tasks at this company. Of course, all information and documents will be treated strictly confidential. We are in direct contact with the company and will introduce you directly to the decision-maker for the position after our interview. In addition, we will prepare you individually for the entire application process and provide you with all the necessary information for your interview. This way, you know in advance who your interview partners are, what they place particular value on and how the interview will proceed. This allows you to prepare yourself for the essentials. Furthermore, we accompany you during the entire process. Since all information flows together with us, we can better evaluate unforeseen situations and correct misunderstandings. Since our client has entrusted us with the search, our service is of course free of charge for you as an applicant. We look forward to receiving your application.